Chocolates, cookies, and brownies. The things that bring so much joy and happiness. The sweet temptation that disappoints us with high calories and sugar. There are always healthier alternatives, such as fresh or dried fruit. However, there are also other trendy sweet options, such as CBD gummies.
In this article, we’ll explain how to reduce stress anxiety, alleviate pain and improve sleep by eating sweets.
How does CBD interact with your body?
Cannabidiol is one of the most valuable compounds extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is one of more than 100 phytocannabinoids found in this plant. According to scientific studies, CBD has lots of benefits and therapeutic properties. Another great thing is that it doesn’t have psychoactive properties and doesn’t cause a “high” effect, as it does another cannabis component – Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
CBD can stimulate the receptors of the endocannabinoid system. This sensitive network of cannabinoid receptors helps to keep the homeostasis of all physiological functions. The system can regulate metabolism, mood, digestion, sleep, immunity, heart function, and temperature.
CBD products may be helpful for a range of health conditions:
- chronic and neuropathic pain
- anxiety and psychosis
- seizures and convulsions
- diabetes and high blood sugar
- skin disorders, including acne and psoriasis
- appetite loss
- nervous system degeneration
- muscle spasms
- cancer-related symptoms
- artery blockage
CBD has no intoxicating effect. High concentrations of CBD in a product such as CBD oil or exceeding the recommended dosage may cause an uplifting sensation, but no “high” effect. High doses of CBD can potentially cause some side effects, such as dizziness, nausea, or diarrhoea.
What are the benefits of CBD Gummies?
CBD Gummies are sweet candies infused with a healthy dose of cannabidiol hemp extract, the same one that goes into CBD oils. CBD gummies can be full-spectrum or an isolate, varying on the content of cannabinoids and other compounds. The best CBD gummies are made from natural ingredients (e.g. turmeric or pectin) that complement the CBD properties. Most CBD gummies bottles contain a dosage from 5mg to 100mg of cannabidiol.
Let’s look at the reasons why CBD gummies are worth your attention:
- Health benefits. CBD gummies work in pretty much the same way as any other CBD product, allowing you to get your regular CBD dosage and support your well-being.
- Easy to use. It takes a couple of seconds to take the candy out of the pack and eat it. There are no challenging preparations, like measuring the dosage with a dropper.
- Pleasant sweet taste. Some CBD products, such as cannabidiol oil may have a distinctively bitter taste. CBD gummies are good at hiding the earthy CBD taste due to having natural sweeteners.
- Flavours for all tastes. Are you a mint addict or prefer fruity notes? There are hundreds of different flavours, from neutral to sweet and fresh.
- Discreet to use. Gummies are incredibly subtle. Nobody will know that it is infused with cannabidiol or question you snacking on a gummy bear.
Note that as gummies go through the digestive system, CBD can take longer to cause an effect. However, the effects of CBD candies should last longer than those of CBD oils or vapes.
Are there other sweet CBD treats?
CBD gummies are a joyful and easy way to get your daily CBD dosage. However, there is a range of different types of CBD sweets:
- CBD gum – the perfect way to consume CBD on the go and freshen the breath.
- CBD hard candies – classic CBD edibles with the extra CBD.
- CBD saltwater taffies – a chewy and delicious way to get your daily dose of CBD.
- CBD chocolate – a bar of chocolate infused with CBD.
- CBD beverage – a drink such as Kombucha, a naturally-carbonated, sweet-and-sour drink with CBD addition.
Are CBD edibles safe?
Generally, CBD is well-tolerated and considered to be safe for humans. Consumption of CBD products, including CBD gummies, may cause some side effects such as appetite loss, diarrhoea or nausea. However, unpleasant effects may also be the symptoms of hypersensitivity or allergy to additional ingredients. Simultaneous consumption of prescribed medications and CBD may increase the risk of side effects. Prior consultation with a physician is recommended.
You should follow the instructions on the product packaging and start with a lower dose, increasing it gradually if needed. It is also worth checking the label to be sure a sweet treat has no harmful ingredients. Enjoy your healthy treat and be well.